Following the injection procedure, you may experience slight redness, tenderness, or mild swelling. These are all normal symptoms that you may experiance for one to two days post procedure. It is important to give the filler about 2-4 weeks to settle down. Final results can take a few weeks to be seen, if in the event you are not seeing the result you want within a few weeks we advise you to revisit your injector. Below is a list of aftercare instructions:
- Avoid touching the treated area for about 6 hours
- If you have any swelling or redness, avoid exposing the area to heat such as tanning beds or sunbathing, and avoid extreme cold.
- If you have had previous flare ups with a coldsore, know that the needle puncture may cause the cold sores to come back after treatment.
- If you use aspirin or similar medications, be aware that those may cause your injection sites to bruise easily and possibly bleed more. If you are experiencing discomfort we advise you to take Tylenol.
- Avoid alcohol and exercise for 1-2 days
- STAY HYDRATED
- Avoid extreme cold temperture, if needed use a cool compress to help with swelling and discomfort.
It is important to understand that dermal fillers do not last forever and require follow-up injections to keep your desired results. It is also very imperative that as a patient you do your research and find a Board-Certified expert injector who can correctly place the filler.